Nothing to see here, move along..



I haven't written a blog post in quite a while. I'm not sure why other than the simple fact that I just don't feel like I have anything to say. The things I do feel like saying, I don't want to say on a blog. Like everyone else, I am frustrated with the current state of the economy and the political dialogue surrounding it. I don't feel like being just one more guy in the wilderness whining about this stuff, so why bother.

The economic situation has gotten bad enough that it is beginning to affect our family. It may even affect my career as well, so all of these things are weighing on my mind. Still, not really appropriate fodder for the blog.

One bright note is that my wife and I planned a vacation for her spring break and we paid for it in advance. It is to an all inclusive resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico. I feel certain that I am going to need the kind of rest and relaxation this vacation is going to offer. We are taking our 16 year old son and he is looking forward to his first trip out of the country.

On April 10th I have made reservations to attend my first ever (and almost for certain my last) UFO conference. Having been interested in UFOs for so many years I thought it was about time I included an actual UFO conference in my list of life experiences. I am hopeful I will have something entertaining to blog about after that little adventure. Since the conference is close enough I can just drive there over the weekend, it is a relatively inexpensive trip and one I hope generates a reasonable amount of entertainment.

I'm thinking of making up a T-shirt with the slogan, "Oh, sure... I believe in UFOs, I just believe that most people who believe in UFOs are nuts." Which more or less summarizes my attitude about the whole affair.

That's all for now, perhaps I will make a new post after my trip.

Comments

Greg Stewart said…
Good to see your still about.

I just wanted to chime in and say that those worries are valid ones, as I was just laid off in late January and am now out of work staring at a key board wondering what to say these days...

But, enjoy the UFOcon, and the Mexico trip. Hell, maybe we could all use a vacation, including the economy to get back into the swing of things.
John,
Have a great time in Mexico. Settle in and spend the whole time in a semi-vegetative state.

Where's the UFO conference you're going to? I might be interested in tagging along. I have this conspiracy book...
Anonymous said…
The economy has been hard on us all. It sucks, hopefully it won't last forever... Really sorry to hear it is affecting you so much! I read an article the other day that the gaming industry was doing really well in spite of the economy, but maybe that was more of a generalization. Keep positive!
Anonymous said…
Yes, what con, where con, why con?

Mark Center
www.beyondroswell.com

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason

How to become a Freemason?