I know I haven't posted in a while and, well, that's my fault and not yours. There is plenty going on, mostly trivia, but then that's what a blog is for. Life has been good. I love my work, hate the commute, and I've been getting my weekends mostly to myself.

At the end of this month I will be publically releasingly a demo I've been working on and it will be fun to get feedback on that project.

I have a very active social life. In fact, I have charted out every single weekend for the entire summer so that I never miss a moment. We have had weekend BBQ after BBQ, boating, and just generally having a great deal of fun. On Saturday I took my son and my two nephews to the Cardinals baseball game. There were 30 hits in the game! My 11 year old proclaimed, "That's the first time I've ever watched a baseball game all the way through!" Well, with an average of over 3 hits an inning, why not!

Today we saw the new Harry Potter movie which was really excellent. It finally properly told a 'story' in its own right rather than being a slave to the books which, to be quite honest, I don't particularily care for. The twists and turns at the end, while matching the plot line of the books, were presented very well in the context of a theatrical production. Kudos I say, kudos.

On Friday evening I attended a Simucon party and had just a wonderful time. There were many highlights of the evening but I think my favorite was when I asked a very beautiful girl if she *knew* she was beautiful? She thought for just a moment, and then decided to answer honestly with a simple one word anser "yes"; to which I repliaed "I'm so glad your mirror works properly."

Next Friday my daughter is having her graduation-out-of-school party in the back yard. She is doing a Survivor theme, replete with challenges and torch ceremonies. To round out the evening, I will be showing "Pirates of the Carribbean" while a bunch of kids float in the swimming pool. On Saturday I hope to show a movie on the lake after an evening concert.

I've found a resaonable amount of balance between working very hard and focused all week and enjoying my weekends to their fullest. I don't quite know how long I can keep this sort of thing up, but I certainly hope to make it through the end of the summer this way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason