I'm getting pretty sick of being sick!



I have been in a continual state of semi-sickness for about a month and a half now. I'm starting to get really tired of it. Traditionally I feel generally healthy and I am not usually prone to this kind of thing.

For the past six weeks I have experienced a wide array of problems with my throat, tonsils, and nasal passages. At one point I had raw open sores inside my mouth and directly on my tonsils, preventing me from speaking or eating without a great deal of pain.

I have been to the doctor twice, first he prescribed antibiotics, which did nothing, so he then prescribed a stronger round of antibiotics which, again, did nothing. My Doctor friend told me that it was quite likely viral since it didn't respond to drug treatment. Now, over this weekend, I developed extremely strong cold/flu symptoms. I was unable to breath through my nose, sneezed so often I thought I was going to lose my head, and felt generally miserable. I spent the entire day Saturday laying in bed; this too is unusual for me.

Yesterday I developed a deep chest cough and now I am concerned it will develop into pneumonia.

I'm getting really tired of this attack by whatever product of evolution has decided to make my month so miserable. I have one theory that, perhaps, it is actually related to a dental problem. I haven't been to the dentist in a long time. I sort of recall having heard that when you get frequent mouth problems it can actually be a manifestation of an underlying dental problem that hasn't yet manifested fully. My next step is to actually see the dentist. My family doctor doesn't seem particularily useful anymore. None of my symptoms are necessarily all that bad; it is only when you consider the accumulated duration of time that it becomes so unpleasant.

Spring is on the horizon, opening day isn't that far away, and I want to feel well!

Comments

Jeff said…
By the power of a mighty concerned brother, I command thee to be healed!
Anonymous said…
Almost sounds like mono, except I'm not sure you get cold/flulike symptoms with that (unless it's just a secondary/opportunistic infection). Did the doc check for Epstein-Barr virus?

Could also be an allergic/autoimmune kind of thing. The usual stress associated with leaving one job and starting another can't be helping, whatever the underlying cause is.

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason

How to become a Freemason?