Yikes, a draft post leaked out!




Yikes! I just realized that a draft copy of a post had 'leaked out' onto my blog. I am writing up a recap about my trip last week to GDC, which includes a visit to a Freemason Lodge, a dinner at a Moroccan restaurant with my friends, some other trivia, and my thoughts on reading Benjamin Franklin's autobiography.

However, I am not finished with it and sometime today, instead of hitting 'save as draft' I must have accidentally hit publish.

I'm heading off to my tennis match now but if I find the time and inclination I will finish it up later this evening.

For now, I am going to include a link to the March newsletter of the DeMolay Chapter my son is a member of. On Sunday, before I left for my trip, we had a big DeMolay meeting and did a lot of planning. The biggest item being that we made a commitment to perform our own initiatory degree *and* DeMolay degree in the months of April and May.

I have been using a piece of publishing software I bought at Walmart for $50 and I am getting better at using it each time.

Here is a link to our latest newsletter which I think speaks a lot about the kind and quality of activities our youth organizations are engaged in.

I am also going to plead, yet one more time, that some of the Internet brethren who do not currently sponsor a DeMolay chapter consider throwing a few bucks our way. We are a small chapter and have a lot of events planned. Take a look at the treasurers report on the last page of the Newsletter and you will see we could use a little bit of help.

If you feel generous, and have a PayPal account, buy a few pixels on our fundraising site and we will greatly appreciate. Each person who donates will receive a personal thank you from the chapter, a link to their own site, and an acknowledgement on our fundraising blog.

Comments

Anonymous said…
A Paypal account! John, that's fantastic idea! I should mention that to our own DeMolay chapter. They were rather close to closing the doors until a year of two ago, and suddenly they've got a dozen young guys. Most of them are gamers, so they have tournaments and all-night D&D matches and stuff.

They are really a great bunch of guys and it's a great feeling to watch them go from nervous kids to self-confident young men.

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason

How to become a Freemason?