The Ageia Summer Party 2007



Yesterday I threw the Ageia Summer BBQ pary as a I have done for the past several years. It was a huge success and everyone had a great time. I didn't even get started on the whole thing until around 7pm on Friday night when I went to Costco and did the shopping for most of the food. On Saturday morning I went to Walgreens to buy a few toys for the kids only to find out that they had a clearence on all of their toys at 75 percent off! A ten dollar water-rifle was only $2.50 and so on. I filled two shopping cart baskets full and when I got to the check-out counter I guessed I probably had spent a little over $100. It turns out the two shopping carts full of toys only cost $68.30 for what was originally almost $280 of toys! All of the kids at the party had a field day breaking out the toys, playing with them, and taking them home.

This year I focused on a wide variety of food selections and I decided to cook to order. I bought the normal BBQ fare, but I also added a few unusual items like fresh trout and lamb. I was suprised by how many people wanted to try both as they were very popular. I made up a complete menu which you can view online here, in this small PDF file.

I also took people boating as well. The evening ended with a showing of my new 16mm print of 'Revenge of the Nerds' over the swimming pool. It was such a long hot day that this turned out to be the perfect way to end it.

I can't quite explain why I enjoy entertaining so much but I take great pride and satisfaction in organizing a successful event. My biggest reward is always in the evening when I get to sit back and relax, drink a few beers, and talk to my guests.

Here are some photographs from the days activities.

























Josh going tubing


Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks like a blast!

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason

How to become a Freemason?