I don't really have anything more to say than I did the last time, but I feel obligated to bump my posts every now and then. I am really enjoying my new job. It's very refreshing to work on a new project after running the last one into the ground. This week I'm designing a scene definition language in both XML as well as a scripting language using the Lua engine.

Recently I have had some very bad experiences with the whole commuting thing. A week or two ago I bought a new computer and, since then, I have decided that I am not going to bother leaving for work until 8:30am. If I leave for work at any time between 7:00am to 8:00am, I spend an extra 20 minutes to half-an hour in bumper to bumper traffic averaging maybe 25 miles per hour. If I wait until 8:30am, most of the traffic has cleared out and I can average 60mph. So, I'll just sped the time from 7:30am to 8:30am working on my comptuer at home. There's no easy answer when it comes time to come home.

I am really consuming a lot of my time with work, and I'm working on the weekends too. It doesn't bother me like the last job did though. The project is new and exciting, as I said, I'm not beating a dead horse into the ground. If the company becomes a success down the road, I will share in that success, so it's much easier to give up personal time to the future of our endevour.

That's the main reason I just haven't been posting. It's generally been a lot of work, work, work. And, realistically, that's the way it should be in the winter time. There will be more time to have fun in the Summer.

Other things coming up. I am hoping my friend Rob Wallace will be able to come out for a visit in a couple of months. If so I plan to throw a party where he can play the piano for everyone and just generally have a great evening.

Next weekend my friend Gerhard will be sponsoring the Saturday Night Screening room event; showing "The Cider House Rules" in 35mm in his basement. At first I didn't think I was going to be able to attend because it conflicted with the Boy Scouts blue-and-gold banquet, but that was rescheduled. I'm really excited about attending the showing and will comment on it afterwards.

On March 20th I will be doing the movie showing for the Saturday Night Screening room. I will be showing my mint-condition 16mm print of "Empire of the Sun" by Steven Spielberg. I hope I get a great crowd for this fantastic movie.

That's really all the news that's fit to print. Not a whole lot going on, as I said before. I'm really looking forward to baseball season, it will make my commute much more pleasant when I can either listen to baseball or commentary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason

How to become a Freemason?