Vacation : Day Number One

This morning when I got up, my wife and I decided to go to some garage sales. We had a productive morning; I purchased several cowboy hats and, most importantly, a disco ball. In fact I purchased a disco ball the size of a very large beachball for the outstanding price of $5. In all we made a whole bunch of garage sale purchases, like a set of junior golf clubs for my son Alex, but the disco ball was the real score.

In the morning and early afternoon I cleaned the boat as best I could. I also purchased a strobe light from Radio Shack. During the afternoon we took our son Alex tubing and swimming on the lake. This evening Terry and Alex were both tired out from staying up late last night to buy the lastest "Harry Potter" book, so I went out by myself. At first I just listened to the Cardinals baseball game, which we won!! The sunset was simply breathtaking! My friend Rob Hippe came by and told me there was a party around the corner and I should come by, so I did. I ended up giving a boat ride to a huge number of people. We had many children on the boat because they were attracted by the colorful lights.

When we got back I showed cartoons for the kids, including "The Cat Came Back", "Mr. Mouse Takes a Trip", and "Bugs Rides Again". Since these were all very young kids they had to turn in early. My friend Marty came by with his kids and we went out to the middle of the lake and watched the first reel of "Bringing Up Baby". The 16mm projector was easy to set up and take down, and the boat lights looked great. Battery power was all good, no problems there.

When I pulled the boat into the dock, all lit up, I tried taking a few photographs without flash to show just how 'pimped out' it looked. Here are some photographs of the evening. If you have broadband go ahead and click on the smaller images to see the full size image. The sunset pictures turned out great!

It was a stunning sunset!

Another shot of the sunset, with the disco ball reflecting in the foreground!

Another shot of the sunset, with the disco ball reflecting in the foreground!

A closeup of the disco ball reflecting the sunset

Just a long view of the sunset reflecting off of the lake surface.

Just some of the crowd I had on board.

I night shot, without flash, of my pimped out boat.

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason

How to become a Freemason?